The following publishers have all very generously donated books to the school this year and we would like to send them a big THANK YOU!!
* Lion Hudson
*Miles Kelly Publishing
*Top That Publishing
*World of Books
Summer Fayre 2018
Including £1000 matched funding from Barclays we raised a whopping record-breaking £4277.88 - well done everyone!
A big thank you must go to Papa Johns for donating 300 pizzas to us, Sainsburys for donating 100 bottles of water and Tesco for running a strawberries and cream stall and donating the monies raised to us. THANK YOU!!
We were very lucky to receive some new books from a publishing company. We were asked to review them so that the publisher could include the reviews on the website.
Imogen Stanning in Jellyfish read the book over the Easter holiday. See what she has to say about the book... maybe you would like to read it too.
We have been asked by some parents why we haven't held a disco yet this academic year. Unfortunately due to the volume of children in after school club currently (including Nursery children) there isn't enough space for us to do this in school. We would love to be able to hold a disco as all the children have a great time so please be assured we are looking in to alternatives and are hoping we will be able to hold one in the Summer Term.
Thank you so much to Specsavers in Poole for donating 180 hi-vis jackets for our children to use walking to and from school! Parents will be able to collect these on a first come first serve basis after school on FRIDAY 2ND FEBRUARY
Congratulations to Ruby from Guillemots who won our Sunflower Growing competition! Her sunflower grew to an impressive 56cms! Ruby has won a £15 Stewarts voucher and a child's garden tool set, well done!
Dates for your diary
FRIDAY 11TH MAY 2018 - The Summer Fayre!
Dates subject to change. Further event information coming soon.
What do we do?
The PTA organises activities to enrich the children's school experiences and raise money for the school. Everything we raise goes towards helping the children in some way. Here are some of the things that we were involved with in the 2016/2017 academic year...
- Sent out 'first week of school' photos to all Reception children in September
- Held an Autumn Disco
- Ran three uniform sales (plus uniform was available to buy at the Summer Fayre)
- Helped to organise and run Santas Grotto for all children to attend during the school day
- Organised personalised Christmas cards and gifts for parents to purchase
- Held a Valentine Disco
- Ran an Easter Egg Hunt during the school day with the Easter Bunny making a special appearance!
- Organised and ran the very successful Summer Fayre (we raised £4118.00!)
- Paid for and helped with Year 2 Leavers day activities. We provided craft activities, a disco, a small gift as a keepsake of their time at Twin Sails and a water balloon fight!
How can you help?
Get involved by becoming part of our PTA ! Come along to one of our friendly meetings to share ideas and plan upcoming activities. Don't worry if you can't regularly make meetings, even if you can spare an hour or two here and there we would be grateful of the support so please do get in touch!
Contact Michelle who heads up the Twin Sails PTA.
Thank you for all your support!